This 24-week study is taking place at Charlottesville Medical Research, Virginia.
Study Visits: Subjects must complete 3 study visits to Charlottesville Medical Research over 24 weeks (separate screening visit may be required). The visits consist of: blood tests, vital signs, body measurements, hearing tests, completion of a number of basic questionnaires and dietary counseling with the study dietician.
At enrolment, subjects will be randomized, with a 1:1 chance of receiving either an active device or a control device. Subjects use their device for an hour a day, at least 5 days a week, and get a dietician prescribed diet.Apply Now
- Diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes
- Ages 22 to 70
- Must be able to travel to Charlottesville Medical Research for study visits
- Access to Wi-Fi (Study iPod Touch provided)
- Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- On insulin
- Change in diabetic medication within the last 90 days
- Currently in an organized weight loss program
- Implanted device
- Compensation totaling $300 upon completion of the 24 week study
- Access to a commercial weight loss support group with weekly personalized mentoring sessions.